Consider this: You can make a difference in our community and help kids. Here’s how:
Rochester Auburn Hills Community Coalition
Proper Drug Disposal
Tuesday, April 10, 2012 At 7:00 – 8:30 pm
Doors open at 6:45 pm
52nd-3rd District Court
700 Barclay Circle, Rochester Hills
Lorraine Janes Operation Medicine Cabinet
Lorraine will share the proper way to dispose of over the counter and prescription drugs. There has been an alarming increase in the abuse of over the counter and prescription drugs and many times adults don’t even realize drugs are missing. We need to know how to properly dispose of the drugs to minimize abuse and the impact to the environment.
Parent survey – the results of the ACHC Parent Survey will also be discussed. Come to find out what parents think about substance abuse in our community.
Parent survey – We had over 650 people take the ACHC Parent Survey. Thank you so much for participating in the survey and helping us to understand the parent perspective on substance abuse in our community. Unfortunately the survey did not include the option for parents to add their name to our mailing list or be entered into our $25 Visa card drawing. If you participated in the Parent Survey, please send an email to email@example.com and I will enter your name into the drawing. As this notice is coming out late for the April meeting, we will have a second drawing at the next RAHCC meeting.
Residents working for General Motors – there is a chance for you to help the RAHCC receive a $200 donation from the Dollars for Doers program recently started by the GM Foundation. If you or a team of GM staff members donate 50 hours to RAHCC during the year, the GM Foundation will donate $200 to RAHCC in recognition of your volunteer time. Here is a chance for you to help a good cause in your community. RAHCC meets all the requirements of Dollars for Doers program. Please see the list of potential volunteer opportunities below.
We have the following programs that need volunteer assistance:
- Sticker Shock – help us place stickers on alcohol cases in a local grocery store warning adults not to buy alcohol for minors. This will take 2 hours on one day before the end of June.
- Coordinate Covey 7 Habits for Highly Effective Teens – help set up the training session (teacher already available) and coordinate with local high school students. This will take 10-12 hours before the end of the school year.
- National Night Out – August 7 in Auburn Hills. This is 3 hours on one night handing out RAHCC information at the event.
- Table Talk cards at Parent Teacher conferences in Fall 2012 – this is several hours on one or more nights
- Youth Dialogue Day – This event brings together area teens and community leaders for a half day in the Fall 2012 to discuss issues relevant to teens. Time commitment depends on what you want to help with.
- RAHCC Board Member – this is a commitment to the coalition leadership and takes several hours each month.
All of these volunteer opportunities are no cost to the volunteer and many could be done with your teenager. There are other ways to help as well. Please let me know if you are interested
Communication: RAHCC has a Facebook page. “Like” us on Facebook. We will be posting new updates and information on our Facebook page.
Look for more information on the coalition website at www.rahcc.org.