We couldn’t be more pleased that the Palace is hosting a March Madness NCAA tournament play off round. It is especially exciting that both Michigan State and Michigan will be playing here. I can assure you that we have been working for weeks in coordination with officials from the NCAA and the Palace for a safe, convenient and fun event.
I know that it will be crazy here on Wednesday and Thursday near the Palace. There will be open practices here on Wednesday and games beginning about noon on Thursday. We expect to have lots of visitors from out-of-state in our hotels, restaurants, shopping and on the roads.
For the commuting public we have some tips:
1. The direct drive from Lapeer Road onto I-75 WILL NOT be open during the day on Wednesday and Thursday. If you are a commuter you know that would mean that drivers would not be able to enter I-75 by way of the interchange near the Palace. We’re not going to do that to you–it will be open after 6pm. But you may want to think about another route if you are sensitive to delays on Wednesday and Thursday–traffic will be heavy.
2. Friday will have closed practices so traffic around the Palace will be low.
3. Saturday–we just don’t know yet. The teams and game times will be announced late Thursday night. We won’t know until then either.
4. Sign up for NIXLE at Nixle.com for up to the minute traffic updates from us all weekend long. If you aren’t a Nixle subscriber, you should be– -we give traffic info everyday.
5. Become our Twitter follower–you can get traffic information that way too. @AHPOLICE
So come over and enjoy the fun and excitement–even if you don’t have tickets, I know our restaurants will be a fun place to watch the games and have some great food. Don’t forget to drink responsibly and have a designated driver to get you home safely. Our drunk driving patrols will be out and about too—–don’t say you weren’t warned.
And one last thing: