April 28, 29, 30……on THURSDAY, MAY 1st you’ll be able to start burning:
Days of burning are limited toMondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays from May 1 through May 31, and October 15 through November 30.
• Only those people who reside in a single family residence may burn. This does NOT include mobile homes.
• Burning is permitted from dawn to dusk.
• Only small quantities of leaves and brush may be burned. The burning of trash or waste is prohibited.
• Open burning is prohibited within 50 feet of any structure, in right-of-ways, or in roadways.
• An adult must be in attendance of the fire at all times and provide a method of extinguishment such as a garden hose and a metal rake or shovel.
• Please be considerate of your neighbors when burning. If we receive complaints about your fire creating excessive smoke, you may be asked to put it out.
Now you know. We are tracking our call response. If you are burning on a day where it isn’t allowed, or at a time of day where it isn’t allowed or burning trash, or any other violation of the ordinance, you’ll get one warning and if there is a second time, you’ll get a ticket. Follow the ordinance and be considerate of your neighbors.