Be sure to vote on November 4th. The ballot contains a choice for Auburn Hills residents. You are being asked whether City Council should adopt an ordinance prohibiting burning of leaves and brush on residential property.
Just as a reminder the current ordinance says:
Days of burning are limited to Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays from May 1 through May 31, and October 15 through November 30.
- Only those people who reside in a single family residence may burn. This does NOT include mobile homes.
- Burning is permitted from dawn to dusk ONLY –not after dark.
- Only small quantities of leaves and brush may be burned. The burning of trash or waste is prohibited.
- Open burning is prohibited within 50 feet of any structure, in right-of-ways, or in roadways.
- An adult must be in attendance of the fire at all times and provide a method of extinguishment such as a garden hose and a metal rake or shovel.
- Please be considerate of your neighbors when burning. If we receive complaints about your fire creating excessive smoke, you may be asked to put it out.
In order to burn on dates other than these periods of time, you must obtain a permit from the Fire Department.